- Comfortable clothes to work in, ie shorts and long pants, T-shirts, socks
- Raincoat, windbreaker/waterproof jacket, comfortable zip-up jacket and jersey
- Working and walking shoes, ie trainers, sneakers, sandals/flip-flops
- Lounging around the house-wear
- Clothes and footwear for socialising during off time
- All usual items required for acceptable standards of personal cleanliness, hygiene and comfort
- Sleeping bag
- International driver’s licence if you plan to hire a vehicle at any stage of your visit
- Sleeping bag, sun hat, sunglasses, towel X 2, swim wear
- 2 x certified copies of passport, visas if required, driver’s licence, travel and medical insurance documents, flight tickets, medication prescriptions, or any other important documents
- Card for ATM withdrawals
- Mobile phone (with Monkey Helpline phone numbers +27 82 6594711 and +27 82 411 5444)
HEALTH AND MEDICAL
Please send confirmation of travel/medical insurance prior to your departure from home to South Africa to email@example.com .
Consult your travel doctor regarding any vaccinations or medical certificates you might need to enter South Africa from your home country, or relating to any other country you might be travelling from or have visited recently.
All volunteers must be vaccinated against tetanus in sufficient time prior to arriving at Monkey Helpline, and must also be certified free of Tuberculosis (Tb tested or chest X-ray) before being allowed to work with monkeys.
Volunteers who get sick during your stay with Monkey Helpline will need to be fully recovered before being allowed to work directly with monkeys.
VISA REQUIREMENTS to enter and stay in South Africa
These may differ depending on your nationality, so visit or contact the South African Embassy or Consular office closest to you to get the required information. When completing the required entry forms on arrival in South Africa, for ‘purpose of visit’ simply state “Tourist”.
For any additional information re. visas, contact us.
TO CONFIRM – You must book your own air ticket, sort out passport and visa requirements, take out travel and medical insurance, have necessary vaccinations timeously, send confirmation that all this has been done.
Please download and complete an application form and an affidavit, sign, scan and email to: